Friday, February 4, 2011

Shutter me up!


I live in a house full of boys, so I just want a little girl space.  Yes, I want a place to put my things.  I don’t want my lip gloss to be batman’s cape polish, or find Lego men hiding in my lotion.  Just a little space.  When Ashley gave me the shutter, I knew right away what I wanted to do.  I made a cabinet, my cabinet.  Come take a peek….  
 
 I built a shallow box using 1x4's, and added three shelves 1x3's. I then attached the shutter with four small hinges, and added small hooks for my jewelry. I sanded, painted, sanded, stained, and then sanded again.  I wanted the box to match the look of shutter.    
I used the following:

So far the cost is under 20.00, I still have to add a back and attach the mirror. I did have the paint and stain. I love the knob,  it was only .60 at Lowes!



No comments:

Post a Comment