Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tray-zee Days

I would love to claim the tray on the right as my own idea. The other day, I though, "instead of cutting out handles for the tray, they make some really unique handles for cabinets at Lowes". (You can even special order them!) So, when I saw this tray with the metal handles, I was so excited. Everyone can build a box??? What makes this tray so unique is the art that's added to it!

A few more ideas- a woodburner. The top tray's design could be cut with a scroll saw, make sure the bottom wood is only 1/4'' thick though, since you have to consider food getting stuck in the design. For extra protection, I priced Plexiglas at Home Depot which is relatively inexpensive. Another neat idea-you can order colored Plexiglas online from www.estreetplastics.com

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, and the handles add a lot of character. I once made (I use that loosely) a tray as a gift. I used a large photo frame. I added handles, small feet, and popped in a photo I loved. You have made me want to apologize to the recipient of my gift, because I never thought of building one. These are amazing. Can we please build one?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! How creative; I would have never thought of the picture frame...might I add; you're a genius! (hehe) I could use the help! If I recall though-I believe you're helping Santa this year, so YOU might need help. What are you working on now???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking wine crate trays!!! They can be personalized with a monogram and/or hand-painted designs. Pretty special! You can find them @ http://www.whineranddiner.net/homedecor.aspx

    ReplyDelete